Come celebrate Daniel Boone Family Festival. With Fort Dobbs Re-enactors, historical tours and kids areas ~ it's history, shopping, downtown crafters & local merchants, and plenty of entertainment for the entire family.
Prior to the Festival Join us for "Color Downtown"
Color Downtown is a 1.2 mile fun run event for the whole family to enjoy!
Participants will be doused with color as they make their way through the event
course. 100% of the proceeds from this event will benefit victims of domestic
violence and sexual assault. The run will be from 9 AM to 10 AM just prior to the festival. See the Color Downtown 2015 Flyer for more information.
All Day Entertainment at Junker's Mill Outdoor Theatre
- Crafters: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- 12:15 to 1:30 PM - Mel Jones & His Bag O'Bones - Blue Grass with a Twist of Story Telling
- 1:50 to 3:10 PM - Mountain Rain - Bluegrass with Style
- 3:15 to 3:50 PM - Frozen T-Shirt Contest - Registration day of festival at Relay for Life Food Tent - $5 Fee
1ST PLACE $100 ( 17 & UP) $25 ( 11-16) $25 ( 6-10)
2ND PLACE $75 $10 $10
3RD PLACE $50 $5 $5
- 4:00 to 5:15 PM - Taylor Vaden & The Memphis Thunder - Elvis and more
- 5:45 to 7:30 PM - Headliner Event - Natalie Stoval and The Drive - Country, Pop & Fiddle
These are free concerts ~ Bring your own lawn chair for these events.
Evening performance only ~ there will be a $5 charge for
wristbands for alcohol purchase. (no coolers please)
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 336/909-2263
10:15 AM, 12:30 PM & again at 2:15 PM
Joppa Cemetery (burial site of Squire & Sarah Boone)
Bear Creek Boone Site
Boone Trail Marker in Farmington
Jesse A. Clement House (interior)
The Bull Hole
Tour of Veach’s Musterground
Revolutionary War Hero Richmond Pearson’s Gravesite
Historic Zachary Holt House
Village Museum of Cooleemee
Tours are $5.00 and will be provided on a bus or van